Provide First Aid – Provide CPR
Nationally accredited training course delivered by highly experienced industry specialists.
Australia wide, the completion of a First Aid course is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
This one-day training course covers two nationally accredited units and provides you with the skills and knowledge required to:
- provide first aid response
- provide life support
- management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives.
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months (must be updated annually to remain current).
NOTE: By signing up to our renewals program, ETG will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.
Nationally accredited units are:
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Please contact us for a quotation to provide training for your employees at your company.
Topics covered in the course are:
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock and much, much more