Delivered by Expert Training Group in partnership with Advanced Driver Training Centre, this unit involves the skills and knowledge required for higher-order safe driving. This unit applies to any driver required to apply safe driving behaviours. This includes higher-order skills involving broad cognitive, technical, communication and vehicle management. It also requires knowledge about hazard perception, risk control and safe driving behaviour, judgement, decision making and multi-tasking, that builds on driver licence requirements across a range of vehicles and driving situations. Safe car driving behaviours are applied without supervision.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Apply relevant legislation applicable to safe car driving
- Apply safe car driving behaviours
- Apply low-risk driving strategies
- Explain risk factors that contribute to accidents when driving a car
- Apply operation and car control skills
- Carry out slow speed manoeuvres to a high level of technical competence